[Xen-users] Help on passthrough serial device to BareMetal DOMU

Hello everybody,

we are fairly new to XEN and have a few questions regarding our XEN
setup on Xilinx ZCU102 Board. We want to pass through the UART1 device
to a bare metal guest. The way Xilinx proposed in their documentation to
XEN BareMetal Guests is to add the following via an .dtsi file to the
device tree:

&&uart1 {
   xen,passthrough = <0x1>;
};

Unfortunately, this does not work for us, we don't get any output on our
serial console.

We are using the config file which was provided by xilinx:

#Guest name
  name = "hello_world"
# Kernel image to boot
  kernel = "xapp_hello_world_el1.bin"
# Kernel command line options - Allocate 8MB
  memory = 8
# Number of VCPUS
  vcpus = 1
# Pin to CPU 0
  cpus = [1]
  irqs = [ 54 ]
  iomem = [ "0xff010,1" ]

Maybe someone can give a few tips, which steps are necessary to pass a
device to a bare metal DOMU, or point out where we missed something.

Regards,

Jan