Re: [Xen-users] full cstate/cpufreq/cpupower support withOUT Xen 4.13 on kernel 5.4.14; WITH xen, none at all. bug or config?

found this _old_ (2013) post,

        Linux 3.4 dom0 kernel error loading xen-acpi-processor: Input/output
error
         https://lists.gt.net/xen/devel/274864

'tween pasik & konrad

which similarly manifests no cpufreq/turbomode in Dom0, and a fail to load
'xen_acpi_processor' mod unless/until

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/power-cooling/w/wiki/best-practices-in-power-management.aspx

        > So I had to enable "OS Control" for "Power Management" in the Dell
server BIOS,
        > and after that the CPU P-states are available in the ACPI tables,
        > and xen-acpi-processor driver loads and works OK in the dom0 kernel!

Here, on my SuperMicro server,

        lsmod | grep xen
                xen_pciback            81920  0
                xen_netback            73728  0
                xen_blkback            53248  0
                xen_gntalloc           20480  0
                xen_gntdev             45056  1
                xen_evtchn             16384  0
                xenfs                  16384  1
                xen_privcmd            28672  17 xenfs

as in that post

        modprobe -v xen-acpi-processor
                insmod
/lib/modules/5.4.14-25.g170524c-default/kernel/drivers/xen/xen-acpi-processor.ko
                modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'xen_acpi_processor': No such
device

checking the man

        https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/motherboard/C226/MNL-1544.pdf

SM's BIOS doesn't have an identical "OS Control" option.  don't recognize
what'd be similar ...

is this^^ likely in the right ballpark for cause?  or a red-herring, and i
should be looking elsewhere?