Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.12 DomU hang / freeze / stall under high network/disk load

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:20 PM Sarah Newman <srn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another thing I do is look through the commit logs in the Linux and Xen
> branches compared to my current version for any related commits that might be
> fixes. Linux I'm not sure but maybe both the 4.9 and 4.14 LTS git commit
> histories, Xen you would look at the staging-4.12 branch.

That I can do...

> This suggests you're already able to reproduce the problem, so that you can
> retest after applying the patch.

... but knowing how to apply a patch in this case is something I'll
have to figure out.  I mean, I know how to use patch and apply patches
to source code, I'm just not familiar enough with the kernel and Xen
at this moment to know exactly how to do that in this context.  That's
why I'm starting with OS-provided packages and distros, it's easier
and within my experience.  I know how to build userland software
packages from source, but Xen (and the kernel) are... larger than
anything I've done before... so I'd need to get up to speed a bit
before being able to function effectively on that deep a level.

Happy to go there if I have to, though!

Glen