[Xen-users] pygrub is broken in Python 3.8

Hey,

I am packaging xen for Arch Linux. Are are on Python 3.8 and it looks
like with it some issues in xen.lowlevel.xc get highlighted and the
module doesn't work.

When invoking pygrub:

$ pygrub
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 21, in <module>
    import xen.lowlevel.xc
SystemError: bad call flags

It looks like that in Python 3.8 the descriptor flags of methods
in native modules are checked when the module is imported, as opposed
to when the method is called (see [1], and it might be causing this
error.

I had a look at the code yesterday to see if I could spot the bad
method(s) but I didn't really find anything. I did not have that much
time to spend on it and I am not familiar with the code so I probably
missed it.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there any patch scheduled? I couldn't
find anything in the repo.

[1] https://bugs.python.org/msg348804

Thank you,
Filipe Laíns