Re: [Xen-users] XEN 4.6-Delay Loading Domains

On 13/03/2020 05:23, gopika bg wrote:
Hi,

Hello,

I'm using xen 4.6 version as PV hypervisor.

I am slightly confused, your log below suggests you are booting Xen on Arm. However, we never had PV guest support.

But, may I ask why you are using Xen 4.6? This is a bit an out-of-date version of Xen (5 years old). The latest stable (Xen 4.13) contains a lot of improvement and bug fixes.

The boot log has an unexpected delay of 4 sec before loading Domains.
Logs are attached below.

Without more details your setup (hardware used, guest configuration...), it is difficult to know where the delay comes from. So can you please provide more information?

Could you please provide some patches to reduce this delay?

I would strongly recommend to move to at least the latest stable (Xen 4.13). But if you are trying to optimize your boot time, then switching to master (upcoming release) will bring you up-to-date will all the new improvements we may have done.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall