PCI pass-through issue with Xen 4.11 under ubuntu 20.04

Dear all,

I recently migrated from an long lasting and always upgraded Xen 4.9 / ubuntu 18.04 server to a brand new one with a fresh install of ubuntu 20.04 and their version of Xen 4.11.

I have two DomU instances using ubuntu 18.04 where I assign PCI device exclusivly to:

  • 2 NICs
  • 1 DVB sattelite card

Everything is working fine as long as I don't need to "reboot" any of these DomU's. When doing so the PCI devices get lost and are assigned back to the pciback driver in Dom0.

A shutdown and recreation of the DomU's does solve the issue (workaround) but I would like the DomU's to keep the assignments during reboot as it was with all the previous versions I've used.

Please let me know which details you need and many thanks in advance.

Best, Oliver