Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 board.

hi,

   I was building the xen minimal image using yocto by giving the target machine as "cubieboard2". It reached 99% but at last I got below error and the whole process terminated with error.

 cachedir: /home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/build/tmp/work/cubieboard2-poky-linux-gnueabi/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/var/cache/dnf
Added oe-repo repo from /home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/build/tmp/work/cubieboard2-poky-linux-gnueabi/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo
repo: using cache for: oe-repo
not found other for:
not found modules for:
not found deltainfo for:
not found updateinfo for:
oe-repo: using metadata from Fri 22 May 2020 01:24:47 PM UTC.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Fri 22 May 2020 01:24:48 PM UTC.
No module defaults found
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-blkback
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-gntalloc
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-gntdev
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-netback
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-wdt
Error: Unable to find a match

ERROR: xen-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs:
ERROR: xen-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/build/tmp/work/cubieboard2-poky-linux-gnueabi/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.28729
ERROR: Task (/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/images/xen-image-minimal.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2606 tasks of which 2605 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

May I know what went wrong please. I have attached screenshot also.

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 7:37 PM Bertrand Marquis <Bertrand.Marquis@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> On 21 May 2020, at 14:40, siddhartha v <siddhuvgowda.18695@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Bertrand sir,
>

>   As i am not able to give target machine=bananapim1 i tbought of giving cubeiboard2 as it also uses the allwinner a20 soc.
>
> But every time I do bitbake @82% the gcc-sanitizers-8.3.0-r0 do_compile task starts but at that time whole system hangs and i dont have any option other than doing direct power off of the system. I waited at this stage for about 4-5 hrs 3 times.
>
> May i know what is wrong here please.
>
> This happened when i tried to build for RPI3 also.

Sorry but it sounds like you must figure out how to have you board supported on Yocto without Xen before I can help you on that.

You should look for a layer adding support for your board for Yocto, it sounds for [1] that meta-mediatek might help you with that.

Regards
Bertrand

[1]: http://forum.banana-pi.org/t/yocto-openembedded-layer-available-for-mt7623/4898

--