Re: Xen 4.11 - Unable to start X server: Nvidia out of memory error

> Am 20.06.2020 um 17:12 schrieb Mathieu Tarral <mathieu.tarral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Considering that in a normal boot I don't have any issue with Nvidia,
> I would say it is related to Xen.

as a xen user i remember from years ago, NVidias proprietary graphic drivers
for linux made problems if runned under Xen too. If i remember correctly, the
reason was of some „improper“ handling of memory / ressource access /
management / driver implementation which only affected some kind of
virtualization stuff xen relys on. The open source nv driver variant (without
the „binary blob“ for extended features like some 3D accel stuff etc.) worked.

At that time it was difficult to get it solved as there was no real effort from
NVidia at that time...

But afaik it got solved sometimes monthes later by NVidia (not tested it again
then, because had switched to another graphic if yet).

So reasons are less „clear“ on the xen side then first impression might
pictures...

And if i remember right, a workaround was to use a older nvidia driver version
(but not matched my kernel minimum version there...).

regards,

niels.

—
Niels Dettenbach