Re: Debian 10, xen 4.11 reliability

Please post bottom or inline

On 7/9/20 3:10 PM, JP P wrote:

----- Mail original -----
De: "Sarah Newman" <srn@xxxxxxxxx>
À: "Casper" <kl@xxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé: Jeudi 9 Juillet 2020 16:41:25
Objet: Re: Debian 10, xen 4.11 reliability

On 7/9/20 1:45 AM, Casper wrote:
Hello,

I have used Debian/Xen dom0 for many years, Debian 7, 3.2.41 kernel with Xen
4.1.4 on some servers still work very reliable with no problems, only
wanted to change new hard discs pushed me to install new Debian 10 with Xen
packages to newer version.

Where I reinstall Debian 10, latest 4.19 kernel it comes with Xen 4.11.4-pre
all crashes in 1-2weeks. In start I was blaming HW, but now it repeats in
old reliable servers too. My config is I have 2-3 hard discs per server node
and RAID1 with sw md raid, it crashes with md lost access for disc. After
reboot all works as it should.

I tested different HW and discs, all the same problems.
Loads are no big, just few testing DomU nodes.
Any suggestion? I`m currently running latest Debian kernel 4.19 was thinking to
downgrade to test different kernel.
Or problem with Debian Xen package as it not so popular anymore?
Any suggestion what to test to figure out problem?

Kernel messages and all the kernel versions you've tried since Debian 7 please?

We're trying to track down some other issues with debian guests; maybe they are
the same root cause.

--Sarah

> Hello,
>
> I have exactly the same problem with XEN 4.11 and Buster, Xen does not start
(it even does not recognize the boot fidk !) and
> never detects the RAID 1 disks.
> I cannot boot with Xen, the same Kernel boots perfectly OK without XEN and
all RAID disks are OK.
> I don't find any clue on Internet and can no more use Xen (I used it since
2009 with no problems ...).

> Regards
>
> JP P

I don't think this is the same issue. It's much different to have a problem
come up several days after boot versus not booting at all.

--Sarah