Re: Sample backend/frontend driver

On 29.07.20 16:46, AshishKumar Mishra wrote:
Hi All ,
I am starting with Xen for internal evaluation.

- Can team share some input / pointers to understand the
   architecture / template to understand the frontend or backend driver of xen

- I had cloned the latest version of xen code ( which is 4.13 )
   But could not find any usage of *
*
*  xenbus_register_frontend / xenbus_register_backend*
          $ grep -nisr xen-4.13.1/* -e 'xenbus_register_frontend'  ( No result )           $ grep -nisr xen-4.13.1/* -e 'xenbus_register_backend' ( No result )
   I was going through https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Introduction_to_Xen_3.x
   to understand the binding of the frontend / backend driver
- My aim was to understand an existing code for frontend & backend
   and write an hello-world kind of module.
Please do let me know if I am missing anything here or doing completely wrong here .

The frontend and backend drivers are not part of Xen, but of the guests
containing the backends (usually dom0) or the frontends.

So you have to look e.g. into The Linux kernel sources where you'll find
both, backends and frontends.

There are some backends in qemu, too. And then there are unikernels like
mini-os and unikraft containing frontends.

Juergen