Re: Need help debugging kernel oops ( BUG: unable to handle page fault for address ? )

On 03.08.20 08:27, J. Roeleveld wrote:
Hi All,

I have had a few oopses in the past week already and am trying to find out what the likely cause is and, more importantly, how to resolve this.

Could you please apply the attached patch to your kernel? This is
for an issue I've found recently and I have the vague feeling it could
repair the issue you are seeing.

I and others have hit the very same problem as you did in very rare
cases, but we were never able to reproduce it at will. So if you are
hitting it on a regular basis it would help a lot to verify whether
my patch is helping to solve this issue, too.

Juergen