Re: XEN 4.12, redirect tape drive to domu

Am Montag, 28. September 2020, 12:10:08 CEST schrieb Manfred Haertel, DB3HM:
> Does this really work? Last time I tried I got the impression that it
> does not. At least not in the case I tried (passing through a CD drive).
Never used it productive byself, but expect it was (is) used with typical
SCSI stack (i.e. FC, iSCSI etc.) HA setups like here:
http://www-archive.xenproject.org/files/xensummit_fall07/19_Matsumoto.pdf

at least in that doc Fijutsu stated pvSCSCI as follows in a "older"
presentation:

--- snip ---
- pvSCSI driver on driver domain is under evaluation.
-? pvSCSI driver works on HVM domain and PV domain.
--- snap ---

i.e. "current" 5.8.5 linux kernel states in "drivers/xen/Kconfig":

--- snip ---
config XEN_SCSI_BACKEND

   tristate "XEN SCSI backend driver"

   depends on XEN && XEN_BACKEND && TARGET_CORE

The SCSI backend driver allows the kernel to export its SCSI Devices to other
guests via a high-performance shared-memory interface.
Only needed for systems running as XEN driver domains (e.g. Dom0) and if
guests need generic access to SCSI devices.
--- snap ---

so i would give it a try...ß)

--
 ---