Re: Win10 DomU with QXL graphics unusable

On Sat, 2020-09-12 at 13:51 +0200, Stefan Kadow wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 6. September 2020, 23:49:57 CEST schrieb Stefan Kadow:
>

> I have managed to patch the source code so that the call to Qemu uses
> "pc" as
> machine type. I also extended the startup timeout so that the domU
> runs long
> enough to check the stability.
> Now I can confirm that QXL graphics cannot be used with the machine
> types
> "xenvf" and "pc,accel=xen", no matter if seabios or ovmf is used.
>
> Where can I file a bug for this problem?

What's your DomU configuration?

I've not tested this recently, but some support for QXL was added, at
some point.

E.g., look right for it ("qxl") in this page:

https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/man/xl.cfg.5.html

(or in directly in `man`, on your system :-) ).

From what you're saying, it's not clear to me whether you're doing this
("vga=qxl") already, or if you're trying something else...

Regards
--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D
http://about.me/dario.faggioli