Re: Win10 DomU with QXL graphics unusable

Am Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 09:42:32 CEST schrieb Dario Faggioli:
> On Sat, 2020-09-12 at 13:51 +0200, Stefan Kadow wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 6. September 2020, 23:49:57 CEST schrieb Stefan Kadow:
> >

> > I have managed to patch the source code so that the call to Qemu uses
> > "pc" as
> > machine type. I also extended the startup timeout so that the domU
> > runs long
> > enough to check the stability.
> > Now I can confirm that QXL graphics cannot be used with the machine
> > types
> > "xenvf" and "pc,accel=xen", no matter if seabios or ovmf is used.
> >
> > Where can I file a bug for this problem?
>
> What's your DomU configuration?
>
> I've not tested this recently, but some support for QXL was added, at
> some point.
>
> E.g., look right for it ("qxl") in this page:
>
> https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/man/xl.cfg.5.html
>
> (or in directly in `man`, on your system :-) ).
>
> From what you're saying, it's not clear to me whether you're doing this
> ("vga=qxl") already, or if you're trying something else...

Yes, in my DomU configuration I use:
vga="qxl"

And within the Windows 10 DomU I use the qxldod driver from the Fedora
Project.

But after many failed attempts I did the following: I started the Domu with
xl -vvv create domu-win10-qxl.cfg
and used the qemu commandline from this verbose log output for further
attempts. So I found out that the machine type is responsible for the
problems.

--
THX for your help :)