Re: Next signed release of win pv drivers?

Den 14.11.2020 02:33, skrev Dustin Marquess:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:20 PM Håkon Alstadheim
<hakon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've tried upgrading windows pv drivers to 9.0.0 several times, but the
bug in the start-up, which causes windows to not find the new (or old)
drivers keeps hitting me. There may be a sequence of installation that
allows upgrades to work, but I have not found it.

I have tried a development build after this was fixed, and they work,
but I'd really like a properly signed set of drivers. Any idea when to
expect the next signed release ?
What worked for me,  at least, was to convert the virtual CD/DVD-ROM
drive to PV first (but keep the HDD/SDD as pure HVM).  That way
Windows finds the controller, finds something on it, etc.

Once that was booted up and working, I THEN switched the HDD/SDD, and
that worked just fine.

-Dustin

I'm running xen 4.14, so I don't believe it is possible to have the xen iface driver installed without getting ALL drives offered as pv drives ( xl.cfg with vdev=xvd? and vdev=hd? behaves the same I believe). I could of course downgrade the hypervisor and reboot, tweak my windows hvm config to boot under older xen and with the virtual cd as xvd? and the rest as hd?, boot the vm, reboot the vm with all drives ax xvd?, reinistall xen-4.14, reboot the server and be good to go. That feels kind of weird somehow.