Re: [Embedded-pv-devel] XEN_VIRT_START and kernel image

Hello,

On 14/11/17 07:58, RAMYA RAVICHANDRAN wrote:
    Hi Julien,

    Thanks for your mail.
    We have used the latest Xen (Xen 4.9)now, and still the problem exists.
    We are using Uboot 2016.05.

I am trying to run Xen 4.9 on DRA7XX EVM.
Early printk is enabled and there is a problem when "mov pc,r1" (line 358) after "Turning paging on" in arch/arm/arm32/head.S. There are no error prints before the same.

It will be really great help, if  anyone could throw light on the following:
1. How Xen knows XEN_VIRT_START?

XEN_VIRT_START is defined by in include/asm-arm/config.h

2. If CONFIG variables for Xen,like CONFIG_XEN_DOM,CONFIG_XEN etc. are not set in kernel, then also Xen prompt should be available, I believe. 3. The xen device tree entries like xen-bootargs,dom0 bootargs are compulsory?

I don't think this is relevant here. Xen early boot code does not care about the kernel or the device-tree.

I don't have much light on what could go wrong as basically the next thing is turning on the page-table and switch to the proper virtual address. The UART is only mapped later on.

The best would be using JTAG to debug if you have one. Otherwise you could try positioning the Xen image somewhere else in the memory.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall