Re: [FuSa SIG] Tools to automate patch merging and traceability

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:57:54PM -0600, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Adding Doug
>
> > On 20 Nov 2019, at 11:13, Julien Grall <julien@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It looks like some Linux maintainers started to wrote script for automating
> > patch merging and traceability.
> >
> > I haven't looked in details, but from what Marc Zyngier told me it can pull
> > a series from lore (there ML), apply the tags (e.g Reviewed-by,
> > Acked-by...) and also add a link to the discussion on the ML.
> >
> > This may help us to go towards more automation and traceability in Xen.
> >
> > See https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/quilttools.git/
> > <https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/quilttools.git/>
>
> Interesting indeed, not just for traceability but also for automation
> Lars

I gave that tool a try today. My first impression is good.

I will perhaps use it a bit more to get an informed decision. One
shortcoming (not upstream's fault) is that it doesn't know how to
collect Xen specific Release-ack-by tag yet.

In case people don't already know, lore.kernel.org tracks xen-devel as
well.

https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/

Wei.