Re: [Minios-devel] Outreachy internship

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:34 PM, Simon Kuenzer <simon.kuenzer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Dafna,

welcome to Unikraft! Sorry for the delay, all maintainers are currently involved in tight deadlines.

On 03.03.2018 10:56, Dafna Hirschfeld wrote:
Hi,
My name is Dafna Hirschfeld, I'm from Israel.
I studied computer science and worked in a company called Check Point for two years. Mainly parsing protocols as part of a firewall.  I have experience mainly with C and python.
My github account https://github.com/kamomil

I am interested with the project ''New Execution Targets for Unikraft".
I have xubuntu 16.04 on my desktop and I have a raspberry pi 3.

Great! It is probably best to talk in person on IRC channel regarding your project interest. We use ZNC in order not to miss any messages in case we are not available. Maybe you could setup something similar?

Hi, should I install ZNC on my desktop?

I read the project overview https://www.xenproject.org/developers/teams/unikraft.html <https://www.xenproject.org/developers/teams/unikraft.html>
and I followed the instructions for the helloworld https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Unikraft_Users <https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Unikraft_Users>
It worked OK, except that for the xen image I got:

$ xl create -c helloworld.cfg
ERROR:  Can't find hypervisor information in sysfs!

It looks like that you booted your system without Xen - in fact, your Grub configuration might be wrong. Have a look here https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Beginners_Guide
and here https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Compiling_Xen_From_Source
Did Linux and/or KVM work for your?

Yes , both the Linux and the KVM worked.
Ill dig more into it.

I tried to find a solution, and followed this instructions:
https://xen-orchestra.com/blog/cant-find-hypervisor-information-in-sysfs/
but I got the same error.

Anyway I'd like to know how do I proceed?
Can I start with an initial contribution?

Can we meet on IRC? How about on Monday, March 12, 10am CET? CET is UTC+1. Let us know if this would work for you.

Hi, yes, Ill be there.
I currently use the web interface, is there a better irc client ?

Thank you,
Dafna Hirschfeld

Thank you,

Simon