Re: [Minios-devel] Single codebase for para-virtualized guests on x86 and ARM?

On 03/04/18 11:17, Ajay Garg wrote:
Hi All.

Hi,

Since last few days, I have been attempting to understand the minios/xen/rumprun/unikraft/x86/arm ecosystem, and (if not wrong) have come to the conclusion that a unikernel run as a PV guest on either of x86/arm would run in all cases (and not be dependent upon hardware-virtualization support).

Now, since PV is a pure software-solution, I wonder if a common codebase is possible for x86 and arm? Or the differences in x86 and arm structures will eventually lead to (some) differences in PV-code for x86 and arm?

As I said yesterday in an answer one of your thread. There are (and will be) no support of PV guest in Xen on Arm.

So there are no point to discuss about a single codebase for that.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall