Re: ocaml-cohttp client

One thing I forgot to mention is that Lwt_stream isn't quite ideal for our
purposes, as it seems designed for combinator parsing rather than network
traffic.  The current interface is non-blocking between the iterator and the
iteratee. The push function type is:

('a option -> unit)

whereas we want:
('a option -> unit Lwt.t)

...so that the receiver can exert backpressure on the transmitter. Also, the
receiver function cannot signal a shutdown to the transmitter currently. It is
currently:

Lwt_stream.iter_s (fun v -> <do stuff>) stream

whereas we ideally want an Lwt exception from the receiver to be propagated
back to the transmitter, so the next push function will immediately return that
exception to signal a receiver has closed.

More concerningly, the push function seems to shut down under some
circumstances, due to the stream itself getting GCed. This is because
Lwt_stream uses Weak references in order to allow push/pull pairs to continue
working even if the stream value itself is GCed (and the Weak ref prevents a
memory leak).  This results in our TCP stack sometime mysteriously shutting
down, annoyingly! Balraj and I tried to track this down, but we can't generate
a small test case: it happens in the full Mirage stack, but not in toy examples.

So we came to the conclusion on Thursday that it would be best to write a
simple Lwt_iteratee module that is modelled on Lwt_stream, but that does not
having the stream-cloning functionality nor the weak references, and that adds
the flow control mentioned above. It should be pretty much a drop-in
replacement for most uses of Lwt_stream in the existing tree.