Re: camlSys__entry vs. FreeBSD kmod

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 12:37:43PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> So Sys__entry is the native code entry point for the Sys module, which
> will execute any top-level phrases. Looking at stdlib/sys.mlp, we have:
>
> external get_config: unit -> string * int * bool = "caml_sys_get_config"
> external get_argv: unit -> string * string array = "caml_sys_get_argv"

Yeah, but in my current code, caml_sys_get_argv() is not called at all
(because I do not have the "(executable_name,argv) = get_argv() line"),
and the modified stdlib instance lives without it happily.

Maybe that is the problem?  I did not see any use of having the argv stuff
in the kernel, as the code running there will not be able to work it anyways.