Re: dns/crypto-keys/opam

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 16 Jul 2012, at 16:42, Haris Rotsos wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 01:59:38PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>>> [â]
>> [â]
>
> Yeah, that's the default I use as it has the smallest amount of text
> that obscures the real code :-)  Below is a sample bit of text from some
> other code (you just add on copyrights as you edit it)

I use a small license and add folding markers. It makes the code appear as a
single line that can be unwrapped into a complete header. There might be a
compatibility issue with other editors (but people using an "other editor" are
using a "wrong editor" anywayâ)

I have the LICENSE in a file somewhere and I just create newfiles in my projects
from my shell or from my editor

    $ echo root/of/project/LICENSE > file/I/want/to/create

    ggO<ESC>:r root/of/project/LICENSE<CR>:w<CR>:e<CR>

Here is an adapted version of Anil's LICENSE:
(* LICENSE {{{
 * vi:set fdm=marker fdl=0:
 *
 * Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
 * Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
 * purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
 * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
 *
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
 * WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
 * MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR
 * ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
 * WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
 * ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF
 * OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
 * }}} *)

Cheers,
--
RaphaÃl Proust