Re: urls.txt-- format change?

Very cool! It's a tiny bit broken under Linux with git repositories
https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/issues/77

...but I think I've fixed it with my avsm/opam fix-linux-dir-cp branch.  Am
doing a release of cstruct so we have versions of whatever we have right now
too.

-anil

On 25 Aug 2012, at 12:02, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas.gazagnaire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> btw you can init & remote -add github repo addresses directly
>
> --
> Thomas
>

> Le 25 août 2012 à 20:28, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
>> I've done a really quick re-jig of the repositories, so you can try:
>>
>> $ opam init http://mirage.github.com/opam-0.4
>> $ opam remote -add local http://mirage.github.com/opam-0.4-dev
>> $ opem install lwt # due to a bug in the package files
>> $ opam install mirage
>>
>> I'm still finishing up the dev conversion (a bit later today) and will get
>> mirage-www building with it (wont take too long).  It's probably easier to
>> clone the repos yourself (mirage/opam-repository and mirage/opam-repo-dev)
>> and run "opam-mk-repo" yourself for now.
>>
>> -anil
>>
>> On 25 Aug 2012, at 10:21, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Thomas has done an epic set of changes in 0.4 which totally re-do the
>>> package format to be more sensible, and adds checksums for packages, and
>>> removes the need for a separate dev repository.
>>>
>>> In the very short term, you can run 'opam-convert-repo-0.3' to the new
>>> format on an existing repo, and here are the instructions Thomas sent me
>>> earlier to add a new package.
>>>
>>> 1. git clone git://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-repository.git
>>> 2. git remote -add local opam-repository
>>> 3. cd opam-repository/packages/
>>> 4. cp -r batteries.1.4.3 mlorg.xxx
>>> 5. [edit mlorg.xxx/descr with the right description]
>>> 6. [edit mlorg.xxx/url with the right archive name and checksum]