Re: Fwd: [Caml-list] [ANN] Release 1.0.0 - A multi-process daemon framework for OCaml

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 14:23 -0400, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> This is a really useful Lwt-based 'inetd' for Lwt, which we could
> adapt to work with Mirage/Xen as well. Dave is looking into a more
> Erlang-style actor module (with process trees), so I packaged up
> Release in OPAM and pushed it to the trunk.

Thanks for the interest in Release!

Interestingly, I had never thought of it as an "inetd", although
something like that could easily be built on top of Release.

Currently Release features supervisor-style restarting of child
processes but there's no support for process trees, only "process
stars" (1 master process with N slaves) but if there's interest, this
could be an interesting addition to the library.

Cheers,
Andre