Re: Mirage & dynlink

Hi,

On Jun 27, 2013, at 10:14 PM, "William Le Ferrand" <warnegia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Anil. I'm drafting an architecture for a big data company and I'd love to end up with something as simple as a single microkernel for their whole stack, so I was wondering what I could use and what I should stay away from.

Btw do you know if there are some industrial applications of Mirage already?

My first planned use of Mirage in an industrial context is to host the "xenstore" service, a performance- and security-critical component which is part of the xen hypervisor control-plane software. XenServer already uses an OCaml xenstore implementation; Mirage lets me take the existing userspace app and relink it to run direct in kernel space where I can more easily guarantee it CPU time and isolate it from other components.

Cheers,
Dave Scott
XenServer System Architect