[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Notes on Mirage meeting - 11 Sep

brief notes from call today

- Looked over issues and only one item left before DP1 

- Have much better plan for Mirari now so moved to DP2

- Dimos fixed problem with ring (mail to come?)

- David Sheets working on refactoring opam2web. Useful to have opam remotes 
generate websites.

- Anil to send instructions to others on ocamldoc generation

- Xen-arm (cubie boards).  Progress being made so Mort will try out.

- Amir will try out mirage-decks in order to get a unikernel that serves a 
static website


On 3 Sep 2013, at 17:00, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> My brief notes from this meeting (please add stuff I missed).
> - Going through checklist on issue 
> (https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/102)
> - Mirari combinator stuff is a blocker - Anil will work on this for next 
> Tuesday 
> - Anil/Thomas also looking at using opam2web and using opam remotes to 
> provide overview of all the libs (this is the trove stuff mentioned last 
> week).
> - Dimos looking into networking stuff and trying to hunt down a bug.  Need an 
> event channel ninja to help with this kind of debugging. Maybe Dimos, Anil, 
> Balraj and Thomas can have a chat on Friday?
> - Mort's done a bunch of stuff on Installation (work through big backlog of 
> emails)
> - There's a memory leak on mirage site but it reboots every couple of days 
> (in 100s of ms) so not prioritised chasing it down. Anil chatting to others 
> about testing for memory leaks but this is on the back burner for now.
> - Anil/Mort (and others) also looking into moving blogs onto Mirage.  Anil 
> and Mort also keen to have DNS servers running.
> - Overall, looking in good shape to release DP1 after next week's call 
> (perhaps even before)
> Amir
> On 27 Aug 2013, at 17:59, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi folks these are my brief notes on what we spoke about at today's Mirage 
>> meeting.  
>> Please add in any further details as you remember them.  i.e Dimos, it would 
>> be worth you adding a little more info about your testing.
>> - Get a release out the door.  Anil pointed people to a GitHub Issue which 
>> check-lists all the things for DP1 and DP2. Mort has added to this with a 
>> list of repos we should review.  Issue is at: 
>> https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/102
>> - Spent some time looking through the check-list and discussing items.   
>> Lots has been done and there's quite a bit to do but it's tractable. Anil 
>> working on trove to pull together info/updates from repos.
>> - Dimos went through the xen-server script and improved it.  Hasn't 
>> committed it yet.  Dimos can lead with lead w XenServer RT
>> - Dimos also did some network tests - developed something in TCP.  Not 
>> committed anywhere yet? (dimos is fairly new to github)
>> - Might be worth us having one machine to mess with. Use it to automate 
>> mirage-www. Need a spare test machine to install XenServer on.  Might use 
>> Bytemark machines for those?
>> - Mirage 1.0 release date.  Amir spoke to Lars and proposed a date of 22nd 
>> October. Picking a firm date far enough in advance allows Xen Project to get 
>> press resources and trigger the whole announcement machine. However, once 
>> date is picked it cannot be changed (think 'juggernaut').  XenSummit is on 
>> 24th Oct so 22nd would work well.  Means getting DP1 out soon and DP2 out 
>> about a month later.
>> Best wishes,
>> Amir



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.