Re: [MirageOS-devel] using cow

On 23 Dec 2013, at 14:56, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> thought: given the use and abuse to which xml/html are put though (or, if you
> prefer, the flexibility which they provide), having some kind of [`Raw of
> string] might be useful. kind of like a CDATA but which doesn't leave any tag
> in the xml when rendered to a string (ie. the element tag never gets to the
> browser).

We're trying to avoid that, since Cow is only an XML parser.  What we're
missing is a proper HTML parser, which can be built on top of XMLM easily
enough.  Just needs someone to map the XMLM signals onto the HTML-specific
rules (some tags shouldn't be closed at all, and a set of entities is
predefined).

So for now, think of Cow.Html as actually being Cow.XHtml, and you should be
set.