Re: [MirageOS-devel] Problem with `mirage run`on unix build of static_website

On 25 Feb 2014, at 23:50, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2014, at 22:31, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm having a problem getting a ` --unix` build of a static website to run
>> and I'm not sure how to proceed (I'm on OSX 10.8.5).
>>
>> I'm using mirage-skeleton/static_website and the `configure` and `build`
>> steps seem to work fine  but `mirage run` gives me the following:
>
> "mirage run" or "make run"? :)

"Mirage run" as that's what's in the main readme. :)  "make run" does the same
stuff without the pretty colours.

> probably a sudo issue -- opening tap0 requires sudo privs.
>
> in any case, i've not been finding either "make run" or "mirage run"
> particularly reliable recently so have been avoiding it on unix. just run the
> binary directly -- "sudo ./src/mir-www" or some such.

Hooray!  I'd forgotten about the sudo privilege. "sudo ./mir-www" got me a bit
further and then I realised I should have read the instructions for mirage-www
[1].  That mentions the need to set up the routing (which would have been my
next hurdle).  I'll think of a way to update the static_website readme and
submit a PR tomorrow (prob a brief summary and link to the wiki).

One thing I've noticed is that all my internal links are broken.  I have URLs
of the form "domain.com/title-of-post", where the content is actually at
"domain.com/title-of-post/index.html".  How do I go about fixing this, assuming
I can?  Or does it require new code somewhere to support URLs like this (e.g.
cohttp)?

[1] http://openmirage.org/wiki/mirage-www

Aside from the above, I'm really happy that I can get my site building and
running as a unikernel!  mirage skeleton was a great way to get there quickly
so thanks for the effort that went into it.  Once I've figured out enough of
the pieces, I should be able to set up a github repo that travis can build and
deploy on each push.  I think enough of you (mort, anil) have scripts I can
crib from.

Amir :)