Re: [MirageOS-devel] Travis build time error (taking more than 10 mins)

On 11 Mar 2014, at 14:40, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 11 Mar 2014, at 14:34, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I've copied my jekyll -> unikernel scripts over and for some reason, `mirage
>> build` for both the unix and xen backends are taking a while (>10 mins)
>> resulting in Travis erroring out [1].
>>
>> I updated my local opam packages and they also seem to be taking a little
>> longer for the unix build (but not by much).  Below are the things that
>> changed locally and I assume travis is using the most recent versions of
>> everything.  Is this something to do with crunch?
>
> almost certainly -- the mirage-www site actually doesn't have much content in
> terms of bytes up there, so crunch is ok. with anything non-trivial or with a
> reasonable number of graphics, crunch is basically untenable. have a look and
> see how big the crunch-generated .ml file is that contains the crunch
> filesystem...

Thanks, the file is static1.ml and is around 63MB (personal site is around
47MB).  This will only grow as I add more content/images.

> on the whole, i'd suggest switching to FAT…

Now for my next question.  Can I do this without having to produce my own
makefile or changes to the config.ml file?

<after a brief IRC exchange in #mirage>

The answer is:
FS=fat mirage configure --unix

That sets the environment for the command and means I can get what I want
without messing with other files.
I thought I'd send this anyway since it might be useful.

Amir :)