Re: [MirageOS-devel] Starting to think about Graduating Mirage OS

Hi Lars,

It's certainly time to start thinking about this.  We have a few key features
under development that will make a Mirage 2.0 a good candidate for graduation:

- The Irminsule storage subsystem which powers the new OXenstored.
- The Mirage/Xen/ARM and Mirage/rPi/ARM backends.
- PVHVM support for dense deployments.

These, in combination with the constant library releases and the upcoming OSCon
talk will put us in good stead to come up with some release criteria.

I'm a little worried by your use of the term "vendor", as I don't think that's
the right terminology for us (although it probably is for Xen).  *Many* of the
library patches come from individual contributors whose efforts are greatly
appreciated.  For instance, we use several of Daniel Buenzli's libraries, and
it's odd to count him as a vendor (although perhaps 'purveyor of fine Swiss
chocolates' would work).

Would the Xen Hackathon be a good time for us to sit down and look over this?
I promise to have the repository list done soon!

best,
Anil