Re: [MirageOS-devel] OPW intern checking in!

On 2 Jun 2014, at 17:00, Mindy <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, folks!  Here's a quick summary of what I've been up to
>
> Late last week: dug more into observed lack of FINs from listening
> unikernels, found the problem, and submitted a pull request to mirage-tcpip
> Today: make blog post on looking into that readable by humans who wish
> not to be bored to death;

read it, looks good :)

> finish unit test for upstream error reporting
> in a `test_net_lwt` module in lib_test; send PR for error condition unit
> tests to Cohttp upstream; fuzz harder!

fuzzfuzzfuzz! :)

btw, to respond to one of your comments that i noticed after a quick glance
through the dhcp fuzzer-- RFC951 (BOOTP, precursor to DHCP) states "For
simplicity it is assumed that the BOOTP packet is never fragmented". i can't
see mention of fragmentation in RFC2131 (DHCP itself), though there is an
internet draft i found that seeks to define an application layer fragmentation
process for DHCP.

it doesn't appear to be actually forbidden though -- given that DHCP is in the
process of configuring the stack anyway, i could well imagine this is a corner
case that isn't particularly well defined or consistently (or well) handled...

--
Cheers,

R.