Re: [MirageOS-devel] OPW intern checking in!

On 2 Jun 2014, at 17:00, Mindy <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, folks!  Here's a quick summary of what I've been up to
>
> Late last week: dug more into observed lack of FINs from listening
> unikernels, found the problem, and submitted a pull request to mirage-tcpip

This had Balraj and me scratching our collective heads about how it regressed,
since we're *sure* it used to work (famous last words :-). Balraj, any thoughts
about it after your Friday investigations?

This does highlight the importance of getting a regression test infrastructure
for networking in place though, since TCPIP in particular is a very interlocked
protocol.  Any thoughts you may have about this using scapy would be
interesting...

Meanwhile, I've released it as tcpip.1.1.3 into OPAM:
https://github.com/ocaml/opam-repository/pull/2207

> Today: make blog post on looking into that readable by humans who wish not to
> be bored to death; finish unit test for upstream error reporting in a
> `test_net_lwt` module in lib_test; send PR for error condition unit tests to
> Cohttp upstream; fuzz harder!

I'm still untangling Cohttp and Conduit to push releases out.  My deadline is
to have some of the more obvious bugfixes done before the Mirage call on
Tuesday...

-a