Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage on Xen/ARM status

On 16 Jun 2014, at 11:26, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> dns: fails to build
>>> Error: No implementations provided for the following modules:
>>>        Lwt_unix referenced from
>>> /root/.opam/4.01.0/lib/dns/lwt-core.cmxa(Dns_resolver)
>>
>> This look the euphemistic "architecture independent issue". Need to see how
>> Unix snuck into the ocaml-dns core and add a test for that. Could you create
>> an issue on ocaml-dns for this?
>
> https://github.com/mirage/ocaml-dns/issues/13
>
> Looks like it's just some test code that needs it anyway ("resolving
> recoil.org"). If I remove that bit, it answers DNS queries
> successfully.

This actually had an unrelated bug that broke it on Xen.  During a refactoring,
the memory allocation in Dns.Buf.t reverted to using Bigarray.create, which
does not allocate page-aligned buffers.  This then causes the Netfront driver
on Xen to send garbage, since it can only zero-copy whole pages.

I fixed it to use Io-page instead in
https://github.com/mirage/ocaml-dns/pull/14

I'll release that as ocaml-dns-0.9.0 tomorrow, and update mirage-skeleton
with the tweak to lift out the timer logic into the client call.