Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage on Xen/ARM status

On 13 June 2014 10:21, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 13 Jun 2014, at 10:15, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Fantastic!!

>>> Interesting -- they were meant to be exactly the same if I remember.
>>> Is there an actual code difference between the two aside from include
>>> headers?
>>
>> They are very different. Looks like one got optimised without the other here:
>>
>> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-platform/commit/6fc97d77d0846bc7f17bd0702832ea1faa8a7e71
>>

> Ah yes, istr the reasoning behind this was that the Unix one would never
> be used in a high-performance context, so portability was more useful than
> performance.
>
> Still, being able to unify these is very desirable, as being able to test
> the stack independently of Xen (and expecting similar behavioural
> characteristics)
> is extremely important.

Perhaps the ones complement stuff should be moved out of
mirage-platform anyway? It seems to be specific to networking, rather
than to any particular platform. I see there's also a third version in
the ns3 directory, which always returns zero.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA