Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage on Xen/ARM status

On 19 Jun 2014, at 12:24, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps the ones complement stuff should be moved out of
> mirage-platform anyway? It seems to be specific to networking, rather
> than to any particular platform. I see there's also a third version in
> the ns3 directory, which always returns zero.

yes; ones complement checksums are used in several IP protocols. i don't know
that they're used elsewhere (storage, etc). i guess efficient implementations
are likely to be platform specific, though perhaps one would expect the
compiler to dtrt rather than hand tweaking.

--
Cheers,

R.