Re: [MirageOS-devel] libvirt with mirageos and tls

On 30 Jul 2014, at 10:48, Jon Ludlam <jjl25@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30/07/14 09:40, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

>>> There are lots of things we do that could benefit from nice binary
>>> repository hosting. Does anyone have a secret stash of credits for
>>> Amazon's S3? There's a tutorial of how to host repositories on it here:
>>> http://xn.pinkhamster.net/blog/tech/host-a-debian-repository-on-s3.html.
>>> RPM hosting should be similarly easy.
>> Rackspace has very generously given us developer accounts for VM hosting,
>> so blobs.openmirage.org has a healthy amount of storage (and is currently
>> hosting the ARM SDcard images).
>>
>> So we have somewhere to host the RPMs, but the most convenient aspect of
>> Launchpad is that it automates the build process as well.  Have you ever
>> decrypted the mysterious workings of the OpenSUSE build service?  It appears
>> to support ARM, but the Web UI is...scary.
> No, I had a similar experience with the UI!
>
> We've got automatic building here of x86 RPMs, and I suspect we're not
> too far off being able to do something similar with ARM. We're using
> Vagrant (using the vagrant-xenserver plugin) to set up build
> environments and do the builds automatically. Once the
> xenserver/buildroot packages can do the vagrant thing we should be able
> to make some base boxes for the cubieboard and then it should be simple
> to do the builds.
>
> Compute resource isn't really our problem, we need more externally
> visible storage.

Great -- we can certainly arrange to rsync the results to
blobs.openmirage.org then.   Do you plan to run the Cubieboard builds
physically or in a qemu-arm environment?  The Cubietrucks are pretty
fast at doing builds -- I can bring one along to the compiler hacking
session on Friday.