Re: [MirageOS-devel] MirageOS can shape reentrancy in Unix-like kernel?

Hi Kiwamu,

Metasepi is a very cool project, and it's great to see it making
progress.  We do have a plan for how to implement a Unix-like OS in
Mirage.

The best way to think about this that the userspace ABI for POSIX
is mostly via the syscall ABI and memory mappings.  Therefore, if
we can provide an "OCaml syscall server" that is ABI compatible, it's
possible to implement the wider ABI.

To build these ABI-compatible interfaces, we have a library called
"Ctypes" that's written by Jeremy Yallop, available from
https://github.com/ocamllabs/ocaml-ctypes

In addition to making calls *to* foreign libraries, it can also
work in reverse mode to expose a C ABI from an OCaml library.
See: https://github.com/yallop/ocaml-ctypes-inverted-stubs-example

This is a very brief answer to a much more complex problem, but I
thought I would point you at the first step along the path :-)
Feel free to ask more questions as you run across them!

best,
Anil