Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage tracing

On 9 October 2014 13:54, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> That's pretty cool! That would be even cooler to have a HTML/CSS/javascript
>>> output on a "debug" port for any unikernel :-)
>>
>> It's using cairo for rendering, so producing png or svg output should
>> be easy. My javascript skills aren't up to making it zoom smoothly in
>> a browser though...
>
> Regarding rendering, Daniel Buenzli's Vz library does have a js_of_ocaml
> backend, so this may be a good place to get started on a browser backend
> without the trouble of learning HTML/CSS:
>
>   http://erratique.ch/software/vg

I almost had it working with Vg, but there seemed to be no way to
measure the text, which is needed to place the labels, so I ended up
using HTML canvas directly. As it turned out, that API was a better
fit for me anyway (being more similar to Cairo's API).

You can test it here:

http://test.roscidus.com/static/html_viewer.html?t_min=8249.530963&t_max=8249.534574

Scroll to zoom and drag to scroll as usual. Tested on Linux with
Firefox and Chromium; let me know if it works elsewhere.

It doesn't support touch, so won't work on tablets (also, would
probably be very slow).

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA