Re: [MirageOS-devel] Cannot deploy a Unikernel to a XenServer pool running XS 6.2

Hi Jon,

On 21 October 2014 18:57, Jon Ludlam <jjl25@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is probably as good a place as any to report these issues.

This is good to know.
For issue #1, the cohttp library moves at a fast pace, and we need to upgrade quite a few components simultaneously to support the new API. It's on the long list of things to do...

I see, and totally undestand. I'm completely new to oCaml and MirageOS, but I'd like to be able to help out more in the future. So far I'm only reporting bugs through multiple channels. If there is any "newcomers todo list" or similar repository of all the outstanding issues where you could use some help from the community, feel free to point me at it.

For issue #2, the log line you posted is probably a failure in the cleanup following the actual root cause. We can try to repro locally tomorrow, but it may be worth taking a bugtool (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX125372) which could help diagnose it.

I see, thanks for clarifying. It's totally non trivial to understand XAPI log messages for someone that is not familiar with the internals, that I've just naively looked for "error" lines.
I've generated the report, and it's almost 57MB. Is there a way I can send it to you without using the ML? I have both size and confidentiality issues with doing so. I'm in CDT timezone, I will probably be in IRC/#mirage in the afternoon CET. Feel free to contact me there for details.

In the meantime, for a single host pool, you could just copy the unikernel directly onto the XenServer. Something like:

ssh root@xenserver mkdir /boot/guest
scp unikernel.xen root@xenserver:/boot/guest

Just to clarify: the single host pool scenario is working perfectly both in 6.2 (with latest patches) and Creedence beta 3.
The problem only shows up in a multi-host pool running 6.2 (hotfixes up to SP1).

Thanks for your help
Best regards