Re: [MirageOS-devel] Cannot deploy a Unikernel to a XenServer pool running XS 6.2

On 22/10/14 03:13, Sergio Visinoni wrote:

For issue #2, the log line you posted is probably a failure in the cleanup following the actual root cause. We can try to repro locally tomorrow, but it may be worth taking a bugtool (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX125372) which could help diagnose it.

I see, thanks for clarifying. It's totally non trivial to understand XAPI log messages for someone that is not familiar with the internals, that I've just naively looked for "error" lines.
I've generated the report, and it's almost 57MB. Is there a way I can send it to you without using the ML? I have both size and confidentiality issues with doing so. I'm in CDT timezone, I will probably be in IRC/#mirage in the afternoon CET. Feel free to contact me there for details.
OK, will try to be around later.

In the meantime, for a single host pool, you could just copy the unikernel directly onto the XenServer. Something like:

ssh root@xenserver mkdir /boot/guest
scp unikernel.xen root@xenserver:/boot/guest

Just to clarify: the single host pool scenario is working perfectly both in 6.2 (with latest patches) and Creedence beta 3.
The problem only shows up in a multi-host pool running 6.2 (hotfixes up to SP1).

Apologies, I misunderstood. The workaround will be fine in a pool so long as you copy the kernel onto each host into /boot/guest/.

We'll try to repro today to see what the problem may be.

Jon