Re: [MirageOS-devel] Unikernel talk deck

Hi Russ,

While not really a Mirage-ite myself (I just lurk on the mailing list
out of interest), I thought I should point out one small correction to
this (excellent) slide deck:

On slide 6, you say that "Google & others run Docker in VMs when they
need security". While the security drawbacks of containers are clear,
this statement isn't quite true at least for Google. What they is the
opposite: they run VMs *inside* containers (no doubt for the same
security reasons). This talk by John Wilkes states very clearly that
they run KVM instances inside containers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQAAkO5B5Hg (at 22:50--23:10).

Just a minor point, but given that the information is out there, it
makes sense to be accurate (especially given the mystery that usually
surrounds Google's infrastructure!).

Cheers,
M.