Re: [MirageOS-devel] V1 vs V2 mirage-types

Le mercredi, 12 novembre 2014 Ã 21:52, Dave Scott a Ãcrit :
> For example, one of the nice things about Unix is that âeverything is a fileâ
> and therefore supports the same read/write interface.

Even when it should notâ

> Perhaps the FLOW signature should be taken out of mirage-types and placed in
> its own package (mirage-flow). It could then be versioned separately and we
> could also include a nice set of utilities in the same package?
>
> Would that be better? (or worse?)
I don't think it would be worse. Getting the right package granularity is
certainly a balancing act but in general I lean towards smaller units of
functionality; the work in doing so also greatly clarifies their purposes which
is harder to see in monolithic dumps where everything is intermingled
toghether. Unfortunately these days the decisions can be biased by legitimate
maintenance concerns (but I hope we can remedy those in the end).

Best,

Daniel