Re: [MirageOS-devel] vchan hackers wanted for mirage-entropy

On 20 Nov 2014, at 05:02, david <unitedbiscuits@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Great!  One minor annoyance with vchan is that it does require a Xen machine
>> to establish communications. If you don't have a Xen host, a Cubieboard is
>> the easiest way to get started in the short term, or a Virtualbox setup.  I
>> believe that Magnus is writing down the instructions for his Virtualbox
>> setup at the moment...
>
> Speaking of which, I set mine up running Xen on top of Linux KVM. Xen
> itself unfortunately cannot use KVM hypercalls (apparently?), but this
> makes for a pretty slim VM-in-VM setup. With HVM nesting it should
> even be possible to boot Xen-unaware kernels inside Xen inside KVM.
>
> If there is interest, I can share the magic incantations.

yes please. i think it would be nice to assemble a blog post or set of
instructions or something that describe the various ways of running xen in a
development environment for mirage. (and deployment environments for that
matter.)

(xen on virtualbox on osx is what i've tried to use in the past, but i was
never happy that i really got the network configuration absolutely nailed down.)

--
Cheers,

R.