Re: [MirageOS-devel] vchan hackers wanted for mirage-entropy

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Great!  One minor annoyance with vchan is that it does require a Xen machine
> to establish communications. If you don't have a Xen host, a Cubieboard is
> the easiest way to get started in the short term, or a Virtualbox setup.  I
> believe that Magnus is writing down the instructions for his Virtualbox
> setup at the moment...

Speaking of which, I set mine up running Xen on top of Linux KVM. Xen
itself unfortunately cannot use KVM hypercalls (apparently?), but this
makes for a pretty slim VM-in-VM setup. With HVM nesting it should
even be possible to boot Xen-unaware kernels inside Xen inside KVM.

If there is interest, I can share the magic incantations.

> On 19 Nov 2014, at 17:19, Nicolas Ojeda Bar <no263@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Anil,
>
> I can try my hand at this; I need a break and wouldn't mind doing this while
> I write the Ipv6 blog post.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicolas
>
> On Wednesday, November 19, 2014, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone got time for this?  Writing the dom0 proxy is pretty much a
>> hello-world use of the vchan bindings.  In theory, this should work
>> using the OCaml-conduit Vchan_lwt_unix mode, but in practise noone
>> has tried it yet.
>>
>> From the client side, it just needs a vchan call to read a certain
>> number of bytes and block if dom0 isn't supplying it with enough.
>>
>> -anil
>>
>> > On 19 Nov 2014, at 16:52, Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Linear Time is wrong and suicidal." -- Gene Ray