Re: [MirageOS-devel] [ANN] IPv6 on Mirage!

On 20 Nov 2014, at 07:13, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Then when you want to use foo in your project:
>
>     $ opam install foo-mirage
>
> In your "config.ml":
>
>     open Mirage (* to load the basic combinators *)
>     open Foo_mirage (* to load the combinators for foo *)
>     let main = foreign "Make" (foo @-> job)

I'm not a fan of having to open Foo_mirage to use it in the configuration file.
 That means that you need keep track of the library dependencies when writing
configuration files, which the current system does a wonderful job of getting
rid of.

> That "wonderful" system has been build in a couple of days, under the
> Cambridge snow, so I have some excuses :p

It's certainly a heaven send compared to the old systems we had for configuring
Mirage.  The bad old days of using `opam switch` for different backends is why
I'm fervently hoping that issues like the AMD64 redzone never come in to bite
us...