Re: [MirageOS-devel] opam / mirage

On 4 February 2015 at 13:58, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ...this seems like a showstopper for doing it this way at all -- is there
>> an easy way to resolve this?
>>
>> in particular, as an alternative, i'm tempted to write and submit a PR
>> to the opam travis skeleton repo to add an alternative travis script
>> that uses the same ubuntu setup runes, but then simply calls make
>> rather than relying on opam to drive the installation. comments?

fwiw (for others, thomas saw already :) i went ahead and did this anyway...

> In the short term, a solution would be:
> - let the `build` field of your opam file empty
> - add POST_INSTALL_HOOKS="make configure"

would that still actually build the repo though, or just configure it?

> In the longer term, a better solution would be to let the mirage tool to
> generate a proper opam file on configure, and we could add a POST_PIN_HOOK to
> call `mirage configure` before pinning the package.

(presume you mean PRE_PIN_HOOK there, as called before pinning?)

having the mirage tool generate an opam file, rather than invoking the
opam tool directly seems a good idea to me. if i understand correctly,
i guess one would run `mirage configure config.ml` first, then `opam
pin . <package>`, then `opam install <package>` (the latter two taking
the place of `make depend && mirage build config.ml`)?

--
Richard Mortier
richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx