Re: [MirageOS-devel] ocaml-cohttp, async and https

Thanks Anil!

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 6:40 AM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28 Feb 2015, at 14:19, Trevor Smith <trevorsummerssmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not sure if this is the right mailing list for this.
>
> I am looking to use ocaml cohttp with async and https in a production setting. I could not find any examples online that demonstrate this. Could someone please point me to some examples? I am happy to contribute my findings back into the ocaml-cohttp codebase as an example.

Hi Trevor,

The example webserver in cohttp/bin/cohttp_server_async.ml doesn't currently support SSL, but adding support for it is pretty straightforward. You just need to pass a ~mode argument to the Server.create with something of this type:

 | `OpenSSL of
  [ `Crt_file_path of string ] *
  [ `Key_file_path of string ]
 | `TCP

It currently defaults to TCP, so just extend the command line parsing to add a key/crt option, and the SSL serving should just work. Patches very welcome, or if you can't do this then feel free to create an issue on https://github.com/mirage/ocaml-cohttp/issues.

cheers,
Anil