Re: [MirageOS-devel] IndexedDB Irmin backend

On 24 March 2015 at 23:54, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've replaced my HTML Storage Irmin backend with an IndexedDB one:
>>
>>  https://github.com/talex5/cuekeeper/blob/master/js/irmin_IDB.ml
>>
>> Unlike HTML Storage, IndexedDB isn't limited to 5 MB. It also supports
>> transactions, so updates should no longer be racey.
>>
>> However, IndexedDB doesn't support notifications. My backend therefore
>> also writes the current branch head hash to a single HTML Storage key
>> so notifications work (browser tabs remain synchronised).
>
> Interesting thanks! When things get more stable I think it would be
> interesting to move all the Irmin JS backend in a separate project.

Agreed.

> Thomas
>
> (and I'm still working on fixing the missing unwatch function)

Great! The new LCA code seems to have fixed the performance problems
too. The main remaining issue for me is support for more flexible
merges (merging whole trees and/or creating commits with user-supplied
parents).

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA