Re: [MirageOS-devel] Signature mismatch in tcpip 2.2.3

Le mercredi, 22 avril 2015 Ã 10:54, Thomas Leonard a Ãcrit :
> Here's what we do in 0install:

Sounds mostly reasonable but my only concern with this is that:
> 4. It them commits another change setting the version in the metadata
> to 1.3-post.

This means that we are imprecise between any two given releases. Here's for
example what my packages report to ocamlfind when you pin them:

> ocamlfind list | grep sdl
tsdl (version: 0.8.1-13-g7de867c)
tsdl.top (version: 0.8.1-13-g7de867c)
useri.tsdl (version: 0.0.0-69-g09270c6)

which give you good context and allows to quickly check which commit is in
place. For me having e.g. 0.8.1-post here would be equal to be blind. I don't
think you can achieve that by committing version numbers to the repo.

In any case 0release will be useful to look at for assemblage's release
support. Thanks for the link.

Best,

Daniel