Re: [MirageOS-devel] Signature mismatch in tcpip 2.2.3

On 22 April 2015 at 12:31, Daniel BÃnzli <daniel.buenzli@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le mercredi, 22 avril 2015 Ã 10:54, Thomas Leonard a Ãcrit :
>> Here's what we do in 0install:
>

> Sounds mostly reasonable but my only concern with this is that:
>> 4. It them commits another change setting the version in the metadata
>> to 1.3-post.
>
> This means that we are imprecise between any two given releases. Here's for
> example what my packages report to ocamlfind when you pin them:
>
>> ocamlfind list | grep sdl
> tsdl (version: 0.8.1-13-g7de867c)
> tsdl.top (version: 0.8.1-13-g7de867c)
> useri.tsdl (version: 0.0.0-69-g09270c6)

Yes, the 1.3-post is for version constraints (e.g. '>= 1.3-post'). It
can't identify a specific point between releases, so you might still
want to add the commit hash (or date) to the version when installing.

Ideally, you'd be able to have a constraint saying "includeds Git
commit 7de867c"). However, checking that would be slow for a Git clone
and impossible for a release archive.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA